Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Mini Photo Album camera shaped


Mini Photo Album
(A camera shaped Mini Album to cherish memories forever)

Here we are again with our new album, camera shaped, this mini album is designed to give a new home to your pictures.


It’s a 15 X 13.5 cm outer box made using cardstock. You can buy different colored cardstocks here. I opted for a darker shade of red for this book. Cardstock is a thicker paper sheets usually more than 200 GSM and is easily available in A4 size.

The lens of this Mini Album was made using toilet roll. You can use any other round shape object, or can simply use the cardstock stripe to make a circle. A clear transparent sheet was then used for the front of the lens and just cut out the spiral shape to give than look at the front of the lens.

On the side of the box, I used a black ribbon to give the finished look of a camera. The top has 3 buttons, two small size and one bigger size for the start button of camera. (It obviously don’t start from this button 😁 )

The next part was to create the album which is customizable as per your requirement and choice. Given the size I was using for the box, I decided to make not more than 15-17 pages in my mini album. Since I love using embellishments in all my books, I always leave little more room for the book to get heavy later.

You can look at the video tutorial on how to create the camera photo box and the album inside here.

Now, I was ready with the box and my album which I had to now decorate and embellished further. I chose a general theme so that this mini book can be gifted to anyone, a friend, spouse, mother, colleague etc.
I used patterned sheets I brought online here. Since I was using 6x6 sheets, I didn’t had to do much of the trimming. 

So here is the look of the cover page.


See the inner pages as follows. I will share more on how I go on creating these.



I have used some of the quotes from my other Scrapbook papers that went well with my theme.


Since I wanted to make it easier for the user, I thought of creating frames for every page. Using again the cardstock, I assembled frames for every page where you can just slide in the picture (after trimming ofcourse)
I matched the patterned sheets for the frames to go with the overall look of the book. Few frames has 4 sided frame, whereas, few has only one sided frame, where you can just slide the picture from one side.

Some frames even has just a corner frame to slide the pictures.


Once the frames were ready and pasted, using double sided strong adhesive tape, brought from here, I went on to the embellishments.
I have mainly used the 3d stickers available in local stores to decorate my mini album. The use of flowers, butterflies and quotes was the maximum I did for this book. In addition to that, I also used some left over patterned sheets to create arrows for further décor.

The backside of the book look is as below. I have used a picture to hide my ribbon that will further tie my Mini Album for easy carriage. You can use magnets or even strings to tie the book, or can either choose not to tie at all.

Here are few more images for the inside pages.


I have used frames in my book for the first time to keep it simple for the user and hassle free from pasting the pictures. Though, it takes lot of time and patience to cut out these frames, as I do most of my work manually and without using any tools, but it is all worth in the end after looking at the finished product.

I hope you like it and will share and refer my work.


12 comments:

  1. This is beautiuful. You did a great job!
    Lia, DT S4F

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarika such an adorable scrapbook. love every details. Good luck to you.Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge.Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@S4F
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing project, all of the different elements are amazing. Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrapping4fun Challenge.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well …
    Hugs, Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beatiful scrapbook did you made!
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun
    Renate DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous mini album, great work
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work. Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena S4F DT

    ReplyDelete

New Baby Girl Onesie Album

Its been long I have made a post on my blog. I have lately been busy working on my first Exhibit coming soon in October. Go through my...